We thought you might like; Roasted Squash and Beef Carpaccio Salad and Stuffed Radicchio leave with goat cheese and herbs.
Roasted Squash & Beef Carpaccio Salad
Here we will discuss some ingredients and recipes related to Roasted Squash & Beef Carpaccio Salad;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cinnamon can be pounded.
- 1/2 ounces/100 g vacuum-packed chestnuts.
- 1/2 bunch of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 (13/350 g) Beef fillet (in a single piece).
- 1 heaped tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Take 1/2 lemon and muddle it.
- 4 handfuls of interesting and light salad leaves such as watercress, radicchio, or mustard cress. Wash and spin dry
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion or butternut squash
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 dried red chile, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F/190°C/ Gas 5. After washing your squash, cut it in half. Pick out the seeds and then put the best ones in a small saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil. Remove the rest of the seeds and any stringsy flesh.
- Once the seeds are golden brown, fry them in a pan until they turn golden. Then remove the pan from the heat and let cool on a plate.
- Slice the squash into small wedges and place them on a baking tray. Mix the coriander seeds and dried chile with 1 teaspoon of salt in a mortar until well-combined. Sprinkle the spices over the squash and then add the cinnamon. Then, place the chopped chestnuts on a tray and drizzle the olive oil over it. Mix everything with your hands and place in the oven for 40 to 45 mins until it is golden brown.
- Remove the squash from the oven and add a pinch of salt. Place the golden seeds on a tray and let the oil cool in the pan. Place the rosemary leaves on a board and season them with salt and pepper. Roll the beef on the board until the rosemary is fully coated. Once the oil is hot, heat it up and add the beef. Sear the beef for approximately 1 minute to 1 Minute 30 seconds until it is brown. Turn it over and repeat the process on the opposite side.
- While you wait, prepare your dressing. Mix the mustard, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl. Give it a taste to check the seasoning and then set aside.
- You should use a very sharp knife to cut the beef as thinly and without ripping it or destroying it. If you have to, make it thicker so that it cuts well. Gently push the flat edge of a knife across each piece of beef. Flatten it to make it more spreadable. Place the slices on a large platter. Sprinkle with salt. The seasoning will not have flavoured the middle of the beef.
- Place the roasted squash on top. Then scatter any leftover roasted chestnuts or toasted seeds from the roasting tray. The dressing can be drizzled over the salad leaves. Let everyone help themselves by bringing it to the table with a block Parmesan for slicing.
Radicchio leaves with goat cheese and herb stuffed
Here we will discuss the recipe of Radicchio leaves with goat cheese and herb stuffed;
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Finely chopped 3 scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 11 ounces of goat cheese. Freeze for 15 minutes, cut into 12 (1/4-inch) pieces
- 12 radicchio leaves, washed
- Special Equipment: A deep-fry thermometer
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat until it registers 300°F. Allow to cool down for five minutes.
- In a small heat-resistant glass bowl, combine the parsley, basil and thyme. The warm oil should be poured over the herb mixture. Add the salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Place a thin layer the herb mixture in a 8×8-inch square glass baking pan. Place the goat cheese slices on top in a single layer. Sprinkle the remaining herb mixture over the goat cheese. Wrap the baking dish in plastic wrap and let it cool for at least four hours, or even overnight.
- Serve: Place the radicchio leaves onto a platter and carefully place a slice marinated goat cheese on each leaf. Serve with extra herb mixture.